Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Texas Homecoming


     We headed down to Houston, Texas this week to face the Texans and this was my first "homecoming" of my NFL career.  My family is closer to Dallas, but driving around the big state of Texas is nothing new to my supportive family.  I had quite a cheering section as I had to buy 18 tickets to the game!  Now I have seen "Broke" and had enough financial rookie meetings to know that this is one of the many reasons that players end up losing money, so thankfully my family understood that they had to pay me back for the seats.  I can provide for my immediate family sometimes, but there is a big jump from college to NFL on the price of tickets and the number of games we play.  Just a small detail that if you don't keep track of as a player can get out of hand... on average players spend $10K on tickets every year!  Nevertheless, I loved being back in Texas and getting to play in front of family and friends.  

     Reliant stadium is an awesome stadium and fun place to play.  I didn't have bug eyes though because I played my last bowl game in the stadium.  Both teams were coming into the game 2-3 and looking to get back on track.  It was one of those games where we started out hot and the momentum and fun just continued to build during the entire game.  I secured some spots on special teams for the time being and performed well but still have yet to get my first tackle.  The best part was scoring on all three sides of the ball!  The picture above shows us celebrating in the end zone after we scored on kickoff.  A great team win to get us back on track and 2-0 in the second quarter of the season so far.  We have to continue to improve and build off of this win next week.

     Today I had the opportunity to present the trophy for the Rams High School Blood Drive Challenge to Belleville East.  I want to say congrats to them for donating over 150 pints of blood which will save up to 500 lives!  The Red Cross blood donations are a great way to give back and these kids did a great job!  I had fun at the assembly and wish them luck on their homecoming game this weekend.

-Student of the Game
#SOTG

5 comments :

Terry Hoey said...

Great game Cody. Glad to see you out there. Don't wory, the tackles will start coming. Just keep playing smart and they will come...

PeterKenneth24 said...

I like it !! Keep the good thoughts coming.. http://www.getseats.com/

PeterKenneth24 said...

Well with the whole post.. I like it. http://www.getseats.com/

PeterKenneth24 said...

Thank you for the wonderful share. It was a pleasure reading your post. Keep it up. http://www.getseats.com/

PeterKenneth24 said...

You always do wonders with your posts. thank you so much for sharing the same. http://www.getseats.com/

Post a Comment