Thursday, May 09, 2013

The long road to St. Louis


     The long process of becoming a rookie has only just begun.  It all started yesterday with a long road trip from Lubbock, Texas to St. Louis, Missouri.  I am leaving Texas Tech with great memories, successful college football career, a degree, and an amazing beautiful wife.  It was a fast five years and now that college is over, there is no more certainty or path set out for us to follow.  Now we are headed on to the hectic business of the NFL and trying to make our own way.  A contract only means that you have an opportunity with the team, but you have to prove yourself in rookie mini camp, OTAs, and training camp if you want to make the final cut.  To start my journey I drove 838 miles and 12 hours yesterday and I am now in what might be my new home of St. Louis.  We got straight to business today as we started rookie mini camp. After paperwork and equipment fitting, we had preliminary meetings and prepared for tomorrow where we will have a full day and get back to why we are all here... football!  We will have to take the playbook information overload, and show we have the ability to learn fast and be able to turn that into production on the field.  I am ready to get out there and start to prove myself, one play at a time.  Day 2 on deck...

-Student of the Game
#RamsRookies

12 comments :

Fitz said...

Best of luck in St.Louis!!! The Rams need Safety help bad and i really hope you make the final roster!! I know many of Rams fans who are rooting for you. Hope you do a post about the Rams Rookie Mini Camp.

Cody Roberts said...

glad you're a ram!
rooting for ya!

Thomas Wilson said...

Welcome to the Rams,good luck !

paul said...

Long time Rams fan here noticing that there are a lot of long time Rams fans who have taken some interest in you. Good luck with the mini-camp. Get some!

Darren said...

As a big Rams fan and former (bad) HS safety I want to congratulate you on becoming a Ram and making it to the NFL. While I'm super happy the Rams picked you up, I can't believe you weren't drafted!

Fast: check
Character: check
Intelligence: check
Positive locker room influence: check
College production: 8th alltime in tackles? check
Good community presence: check

I'm not even a Texan, I'm from Oregon and a Ducks fan.

Brad Allen Morris said...

U got this.

Cody Davis said...

Thanks for the comment and breakdown analysis!

Cody Davis said...

Thanks! Will do

Cody Davis said...

Thanks Cody! Nice name

Cody Davis said...

Thanks! I know it's a great opportunity here, so I will try my best. Head on over to Ask An Athlete section if you want me to do another post about anything particular.

Cody Davis said...

Thanks Thomas!

Cody Davis said...

Will do, appreciate it!

Post a Comment